All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMighty Lewd Books describes the emergence of a new home-grown English porgraphy as seen in flagellation vellas which burst to the fore in the 1770s. Through an examination of British erotica, Peakman looks at sex as seen in eighteenth-century erotic culture, religion and medicine, in this radical approach to the study of sexuality.
- Author BiographyJULIE PEAKMAN is one of the most innovative of the young historians to emerge in the recent explosion of gender history. She lectures in Sex in History, is currently working on her second book on sexual behaviour in the eighteenth-century and is a fellow of the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine. She regularly appears at national and international conferences and in the media.
- Author(s)Julie Peakman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/06/2003
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.