All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Amoy, China, in 1933, Mignette received her initial training at the Russian Art Academy in Shanghai and Chao Shao- An Studio in Hong Kong. In 1958, Mignette received a full scholarship to attend Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, cum laude. One year later, she completed her thesis and a solo exhibition, Chinese Painting and Western Emblems: A Comparative Study, and received a Master of Fine Art degree. She was a professor emerita of painting at the University of Michigan School of Art & Design, having taught there for more than 30 years. 'In her irrepressible joy of painting and teaching, Mignette Yin Cheng combined both Western and Eastern disciplines to form a singular vision,' writes Renee M. Yin Cheng in her insightful and detailed essay. In addition to gaining mastery with watercolours, Cheng also produced striking oil, gouache, and wax-emulsion collage pieces. She passed away in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 2009.
- Author(s)Graham Smith,Marvin Eisenberg,Renee M. Yin Cheng
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note180 Colour
- Weight1769 g
- Width250 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.