Migration Across Boundaries: Linking Research to Practice and Experience by Tendayi Bloom, Parvati Nair (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $166.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together scholars and practitioners from a range of disciplinary backgrounds working in Europe, North and South America, South Asia and the Middle East, this volume explores the question of how to ensure that migration research feeds back into improving the lives of migrants. It emphasises the necessarily interdisciplinary and cross-boundary nature of migration research, offering methodological recommendations to anyone studying or working in the field, and showing how migration studies can usefully affect real contexts by better exploring the potential that exists for both bridging academic disciplines and building links with work that occurs beyond strictly academic forums. Organised around the themes of methodological considerations and interdisciplinary approaches, the experiences of migrants as researchers and interaction between practitioners, policy-makers and academics, Migration Across Boundaries discusses the realities of the discourses that surround international migration, examining the proper role of academia in bringing together a range of stakeholders to formulate dialogic approaches to understanding migration. An international and interdisciplinary contribution to our understanding of how research in migration can be brought to bear on the experiences of migrants and linked to the work of activists, artists and policy-makers, this book will appeal t only to scholars and students of migration across the social sciences, but also to those working in the fields of migrant advocacy and activism.
- Author BiographyParvati Nair is Director of the United Nations University institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility and Professor of Hispanic, Cultural and Migration Studies at Queen Mary, University of London, UK. She is the author of A Different Light: The Photography of SebastiAGBPo Salgado, of Rumbo al norte: inmigraciA^3n y movimientos culturales entre el Magreb y EspaA+-a and of Configuring Community: Theories, Narratives and Practices of Community Identities in Contemporary Spain, and co-editor of Gender and Spanish Cinema and Hispanic and Lusophone Women Filmmakers: Critical Discourses and Cinematic Practices. She is also the Principal Editor of Crossings: Journal of Migration and Culture. Tendayi Bloom is Research Fellow at the United Nations University Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility.
- Author(s)Parvati Nair,Tendayi Bloom
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in Migration and Diaspora
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations
- Weight556 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Anne J. Kershen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.