All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an inter-disciplinary investigation into contemporary migration and social inclusion through an examination of migrant and refugee experience. In this edited volume, contributors discuss new understandings of individual and community security in a world where legal borders and definitions of citizenship longer adequately capture the reality of migration. Distinguished contributors approach questions of social belonging and inclusion from diverse perspectives. Drawing its primary examples from Australia, Migration and Insecurity is framed by the wider experience of the Global North, with examples from Europe, the United Kingdom and United States woven throughout the collection. An inter-disciplinary approach to migration studies, this book integrates local, national and transnational spaces in its discussion of new constructs of inclusion and security. It considers questions of historical memory, ontological security, transnational communities, the role of civic institutions and social relationships in local spaces to guide the reader towards the wider conceptual questions of migration studies using expertise from the fields of sociology, gender, historical and political studies Migration and Insecurity will be of interest to students and scholars of transnationalism, migration politics and international relations.
- Author BiographyNiklaus Steiner is the Director of the Center for Global Initiatives at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, USA. Robert Mason is a Lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. Anna Hayes is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight332 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr Anna Hayes,Niklaus Steiner,Robert Mason
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.