Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMigration and the Education of Young People 0-19 investigates migration from a number of perspectives to consider the changing dynamics of society within different countries. Examining the data associated with global migration by focusing on case studies from a wide range of countries, it provides detailed and balanced coverage of this politically sensitive topic to explore the educational needs of migrant young people, the impact of large-scale migration to and from countries and the policy challenges that individual countries face when ensuring adequate provision for migrant young people within their education systems. Chapters cover: * The reasons why people might move * Social and emotional learning in Britain: a tool to guard against cultural pollution? * Migration into a global city: the ecomic and educational success of London * Latvian people on the move and the impact on education * People's movement - Greece * Return migration in Lithuania: incoming challenges for children's education * The United States, Latin America, immigration and education * Tanzanian street children: victims, ordinary lives or extraordinary survivors? This book explores the changing social dynamics through an extensive range of case studies and will be an essential resource for students taking undergraduate and postgraduate courses in education, sociology and international relations.
- Author BiographyMabel Ann Brown is a retired senior lecturer from the University of Derby, UK, and co-editor of Exploring Childhood in a Comparative Context, published in 2014.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMabel-Ann Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.