All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMigration has transformed Taiwanese society in the last 20 years. The main inflows have been temporary workers from Southeast Asian countries and female spouses from Southeast Asia and China marrying Taiwanese husbands. The main outflow has been migration to China, as a result of increased ecomic integration across the Taiwan Strait. These changes have significantly altered Taiwan's ethnic structure and have profound social and political implications for this new democracy. As large numbers of these migrants take Taiwanese citizenship and their offspring gain voting rights, the impact of these new Taiwanese will continue to increase. This book showcases some of the leading researchers working on migration to and from Taiwan. The chapters approach migration from a range of disciplinary perspectives, including international relations, sociology, social work, film studies, political science, gender studies, geography and political ecomy and so the book has great appeal to scholars and students interested in the politics of Taiwan, Taiwanese society and ethnic identity as well as those focusing on migration in East Asia and comparative migration studies.
- Author BiographyChiu Kuei-fen is Professor in the Research Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the National Chunghsing University, Taiwan. Dafydd Fell is Senior Lecturer in Taiwan Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, UK. Lin Ping is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the National Chungcheng University, Taiwan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Research on Taiwan Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDafydd Fell,Kuei-fen Chiu,Lin Ping
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.