All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the tastes of New Jersey childhood alongside the refined flavors that come from decades in the culinary world. Whether you kw Mike Isabella as the tough-talking Top Chef competitor or as the chef behind hot DC restaurants Graffiato and Bandolero, you'll w be able to recreate his recipes: one part old-world inspired Italian, one part old-school Jersey, one part modern Mediterranean-all parts delicious. Inspired by the food his Italian-American grandmother prepared, Isabella serves up 200 recipes for everyday meals that appeal to the heart and the appetite, with a modern twist. These small plates versions of Mediterranean classics are food that's original and accessible, authentic without being fussy. Isabella shares his secret family recipes, the dishes that made him famous on Top Chef, and signature meals from his restaurant, from Ricotta with Charred Scallion and Harissa to Grandma's Potato Gcchi, Chicken Wings with Pepperoni Sauce to Carnival-Style Zeppoles. Whether you're a seasoned home cook or just starting out in the kitchen, you'll taste the pure joy these meals can bring. Delive ring lip-smacking food (and talking some smack while he's at it), Isabella makes Italian fun to cook again.
- Author BiographyMike Isabella is the Chef/Owner of Graffiato, which opened in June 2011 in the Chinatown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The 130-seat Italian-inspired spot features small plates, locally cured meats, artisanal pizzas, and pastas with seasonal ingredients influenced by the food Chef Isabella grew up eating in New Jersey prepared by his Italian-American grandmother. For the past 15 years, he has worked for some of the world's most renowned chefs and cooked to critical acclaim at restaurants all over the country. Before opening Graffiato, Chef Isabella was the executive chef of Jose Andres' Zaytinya. During his three-year tenure, Chef Isabella generated accolades and national attention for Washington, D.C.'s Mediterranean powerhouse restaurant. Chef Isabella's formal training began at The Restaurant School in New York. He has worked as a sous chef for James Beard Award winner Douglas Rodriguez at Alma de Cuba in Philadelphia and as Executive Sous Chef of Marcus Samuelsson's Washington Square. Outside the kitchen, Chef Isabella recently appeared on Season Six of Top Chef (Las Vegas), and he was the runner-up on Top Chef All-Stars.
- Author(s)Mike Isabella
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Content NoteFull color interior, includes more than 75 photos
- Weight971 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.52
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.57
- AU $43.94Trending at AU $44.08
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $24.96
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.64
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.