All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Canada's most dynamic prime ministers, Lester B. Pearson lived a life which took him from a childhood in rural Ontario to the apex of international politics. This third and final volume of his memoirs follows him from his years of triumph as a Canadian diplomat to his retirement from politics and the passing of the Liberal torch to Pierre Elliott Trudeau. Completed after Pearson's death under the supervision of his son Geoffrey, this volume of Mike covers Pearson's election as leader of the Liberal Party, his years in opposition to the Diefenbaker government, and his achievements as prime minister: a list that included the establishment of the Canada Pension Plan, universal medicare, the Auto Pact, and a new Canadian flag. Mike captures Pearson's intellect, his sense of humour, and his humanity, offering an inside look at the decisions that shaped Canada in the twentieth century. This new edition features a foreword by Pearson cabinet minister and former prime minister Jean Chretien.
- Author BiographyLester B. Pearson (1897-1972) was Canada's fourteenth prime minister. Jean Chretien served as Canada's twentieth prime minister. .
- Author(s)Rt. Hon. Lester B. Pearson
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byRt. Hon. Jean Chretien
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.