All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGypsy boy Mike has been in trouble with the law so his dad, George, has taken him up North to work at Uncle Lash's scrap yard. They need the money but it is hard, dirty work and Mike hates it. Hates being looked down on, too, by rich Uncle Lash. Lash doesn't kw about Mike's run in with the law but someone else at the scrapyard does and he uses this kwledge to blackmail Mike. Things go from bad to worse and Mike finds himself trapped. He doesn't kw which way to turn. It looks as though his ambition to work with racehorses is completely out of reach. The series 'The Travellers' is based on real life situations and follows what happens when a group of Romany gypsies come to live in a newly created council site on the edge of a village. Romany traditions and history are subtly woven into these fast moving stories and each one is told from the viewpoint of a different character.
- Author BiographyRosemary Hayes has written numerous books for children, many of which have been shortlisted for awards. She worked for Cambridge University Press and ran her own small educational publishing company, Anglia Young Books, specializing in curriculum-related historical fiction. She is currently a reader for a well known authors' advisory service and also runs creative writing workshops.
- Author(s)Rosemary Hayes
- PublisherRansom Publishing
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTravellers
- Place of PublicationWatlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRansom Publishing
- Weight115 g
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.