All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.52
About this product
- DescriptionFiction. Native American Studies. MIKO KINGS: AN INDIAN BASEBALL STORY is an homage to the dusty roads and wind-blown diamonds of America's first moving picture about baseball, His Last Game. Just as Henri Day and his team, the Miko Kings, are poised to win the 1907 Twin Territories' Pennant against their archrivals, the Seventh Cavalrymen from Fort Sill, pitcher Hope Little Leader finds himself embroiled in a plot that will destroy him and the Indian team. Only the town's chimeric postal clerk, Ezol Day, understands the outcome of Hope's last game and how it will affect Indians and baseball for the next four generations.Set in Indian Territory that is about to become part of Oklahoma, MIKO KINGS tells of the turbulent days before statehood when white settlers and gamblers are swindling the Indians out of their land and what has already happened will change its course. They're stories that travel w as captured light in someone else's telescope, Ezol Day will tell the woman who should have been her granddaughter. In MIKO KINGS, LeAnne Howe bends the pitch of time to return us to the roots of a national game.
- Author BiographyAn enrolled member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, Howe is an author, playwright, and scholar. Her first novel, Shell Shaker, earned her a 2002 American Book Award and a Wordcraft Circle Writer of the Year in Creative Prose Award. She is currently an associate professor at the University of Illinois, Champaigne-Urbana.
- Author(s)Prof Leanne Howe
- PublisherAunt Lute Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAunt Lute Books
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.