All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMilady Standard Natural Hair Care and Braiding is designed to be the training resource of choice for individuals committed to nurturing textured hair and providing excellent natural hair care services. This book introduces the technical and creative aspects of braiding, styling, and grooming hair that is naturally curly, kinky, or multi-textured. Also included, are 17 procedures with step-by-step photos and detailed instructions in techniques for styling and grooming natural hair and natural hair additions. This is a must have for those who are serious about developing a wide range of services and building a broad, diverse client base--crucial elements for success in the flourishing hair care industry.
- Author BiographyDiane Da Costa is a curly textured expert and author of multiple books on how to cut curly hair. With over 25 years in the beauty business, Diane has brought innovative curly styles to the forefront of today's multi-textured hair movement. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, Ebony, Essence, French Vogue, InStyle, O Magazine and more. Diane has also worked with celebrities such as Lenny Kravitz, Blair Underwood, S. Epatha Merkerson. She is founder and principal executive of Beautiful Fund, LLC. and held the position of Creative Consultant, Multi-Textured Expert & Educator at MIZANI. Honored as a Master Pioneer and trailblazer of the natural hair care industry with over 25 years of experience, Ms. Bailey has positioned herself as an innovator and standard bearer for natural hair care. She has influenced the creation of new textured hair fibers, hair styling techniques, developed semantics, systems, and procedures that have been groundbreaking throughout the industry. Ms Bailey has previously authored three books, Natural Hair Care and Braiding, Braiding-Easy Styles for Everyone, and Natural Hair Care- Easy Styles for Everyone. Ms. Bailey contributed to the book Milady's Standard, a Textbook of Cosmetology. These books are sold worldwide and are instructional texts for professional trade schools and reference guides for the consumer. Ms. Bailey is currently a natural beauty consultant for Design Essentials Natural by McBride Research Laboratories and Shea Moisture by Sundial Inc.; she has developed workshops that feature the product line and demonstrate natural hair, locks, protective and transitional styling techniques. As an Adjunct Professor, Ms. Bailey taught and wrote the curriculum for Fundamentals of Braiding at Medgar Evers College for the adult education program, in the City University of New York. Appointed by the Secretary of State, Diane Bailey served five years on the New York State Appearance Enhancement Advisory Committee. She was the first African American to be appointed to the committee in 1992.
- Author(s)Diane Carol Bailey,Diane Da Costa
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight882 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.