Milady's Aesthetician Series: Treating Diverse Pigmentation by Aliesh Pierce (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAny successful business has to keep an ear to the ground and remain one step ahead of competitors. Savvy professionals recognize an expanding market and develop the products and services to tap into it. For the aesthetician, that expanding market segment is the multi-ethnic clientele and the tool to help achieve success in this segment is Milady's Aesthetician Series: Treating Diverse Pigmentation. Building a successful career in aesthetics hinges on the ability to identify and treat the skin concerns of this diverse population. Treating Diverse Pigmentation teaches treatments for skin of color that include: the causes of aging and how it affects each race's unique facial anatomy; a guide through several different skin analysis classification systems; review studies analyzing the racial differences in the anatomy, physiology, and histology of pigmented skin; and case-by-case studies that help the reader recognize skin diseases and disorders common to people of color. The text was created for licensed aestheticians and other professionals working in skincare, including RNs and dermatologists, as well as students. Considering that the majority of the world's population is ethnically diverse, the aesthetic professional with an eye on the future will t hesitate to take advantage of Treating Diverse Pigmentation.
- Author BiographyAliesh Pierce has a diverse educational background including studying Business Management at Fisk University. She is a licensed esthetician, makeup artist, and beauty advisor to cosmetic manufacturers.Aliesh shares her expertise with estheticians at various conventions and conferences such as ICES Long Beach and Philadelphia, The Spa and resort Expo in Los Angeles and New York as well as the CEA National Conference. Her makeup has appeared in Italian Elle, Vogue, Essence and Les Nouvelles Esthetique. As a consultant, she helped Jafra Cosmetics International expand their color range for the African American market and launched the entire color range in the U.S. and Europe. She began her writing career interviewing burn survivors for the non-profit foundation Burn Survivors Throughout the World. Aliesh continues to work as a freelance beauty analyst, lending her expertise to various marketing projects.
- Author(s)Aliesh Pierce
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMilady's Aesthetician Series
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight706 g
- Width205 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.