Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $695.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $252.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.71
- AU $14.13Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $22.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe second title in the groundbreaking Milestone Documents series, Milestone Documents of American Leaders offers a unique biographical approach to the study of primary source documents. Plus free online access to the full content of this great reference set is available. Milestone Documents of American Leaders is the highly anticipated follow up to 2008's critically acclaimed Milestone Documents in American History . This new, four-volume set continues the Milestone Documents tradition of pairing primary source texts with expert analysis by esteemed historians. Here, the lives of table Americans are illuminated through an in-depth study of the primary source texts they produced during their lifetimes. From presidents, jurists, and legislators to influential private citizens both past and present, American Leaders features important full-text sources written by the people who shaped the nation - and crucial scholarly analysis to help the documents come alive. The subjects and documents covered include the following - Abraham Lincoln: Gettysburg Address , Emancipation Proclamation , and second inaugural address; Sandra Day O'Conr: Bush v. Gore , United States v. Lopez , and McConnell v. FEC ; Martin Luther King Jr.: I Have a Dream , A Time to Break the Silence speeches, and Letter from Birmingham Jail ; Abigail Adams: Letters to John and John Quincy Adams ; Ronald Reagan: A Time for Choosing speech and Evil Empire speech; Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence , Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom, and first inaugural address. Organization and format: Essays are arranged alphabetically by last name of author, and include several sections, including the full text of the primary document; a summary overview of the person's place in history and their role as a producer of documents; a timeline of key events; a detailed explanation and analysis of the selected primary documents; the impact and legacy of the person's writings on American history; a selection of quotes; an antated bibliography; and a comprehensive glossary. Customers who purchase this set will receive at extra charge an additional online entry: Barack Obama , featuring in-depth analysis of the speeches that catapulted Obama to the presidency, including his 2008 speech on race, and his acceptance speech at the 2008 convention. At a glance: This title contains 4 Volumes; 2,100 pages; and 124 entries. It features a standard structure; general introduction; full text of over 500 Primary Source Documents; 8 Original Teacher Activity Guides; Bibliography; Subject Index and Study Questions.
- PublisherSalem Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMIlestone Documents
- Place of PublicationHackensack NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSalem Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight7915 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine190 mm
- Edited byJames A. Percoco,Paul Finkelman
- Contained items statement4 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.