All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMilitary Finances is essential reading for any soldier, veteran, or military family member concerned with their financial future. Members of the military often have a tough time handling their finances, whether it be while serving active duty or when returning to civilian life; and our uncertain ecomy and job market only magnify those issues. Many serving in the military are young, with little or training in financial affairs, and face frequent deployments and relocations-all of which can wreak havoc on a person's finances. This book provides a one-stop guide to navigating the many financial questions facing today's military in all phases of service: *Active duty *Preparing for transition or retirement *And post-military lives and careers It covers general financial planning along with many specific aspects of money management vital to military members and their families, proving an indispensable and informative resource for those who fight to defend our freedoms every day, and have for generations.
- Author BiographyCheryl Lawhorne-Scott is a clinical therapist with an eighteen-year track record of counseling services specializing in trauma care, posttraumatic stress, and traumatic brain-injury treatment for wounded, ill, and injured service members and their families. As a senior consultant, under the Office of the Secretary of Defense, she is part of a team that seeks innovative and proactive ways to enhance resources and services to military members and their families. She recently participated in the corporate mission, vision, and implementation of projects for the Department of Defense to align current and future strategic plans and objectives. She possesses proven expertise in both program management and clinical experts in research, business development, and wounded care. Proud spouse and teammate to Lt. Col. Jeff Scott, and mom to Evan and Quinn. Don Philpott is editor of International Homeland Security Journal and has been writing, reporting, and broadcasting on international events, trouble spots, and major news stories for almost forty years. For twenty years he was a senior correspondent with Press Association-Reuters, the wire service, and traveled the world on assignments including Northern Ireland, Lebanon, Israel, South Africa, and Asia. He writes for magazines and newspapers in the United States and Europe and is a regular contributor to radio and television programs on security and other issues. He is the author of more than 120 books on a wide range of subjects and has had more than five thousand articles printed in publications around the world. His recent books include the Military Life series, Terror-Is America Safe?, Workplace Violence Prevention, and the Education Facility Security Handbook.
- Author(s)Cheryl Lawhorne-Scott,Don Philpott
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/07/2015
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Series TitleMilitary Life
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.