Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe military justice system (MJS) comprises the body of law that governs the disciplinary processes within the three Services. It is important to have a separate justice system to ensure that wherever in the world a serviceman is, if he commits a crime or a disciplinary infraction, he kws he will be dealt with according to military law. The prosecution of civilians subject to Service discipline and young offenders is also included. Until 2006, each Service had its own disciplinary system and disciplinary act. The Armed Forces Act 2006 introduced a uniform system for the three Services, harmonizing the offences and methods of disposal. This was an ermous undertaking, which has been largely successful. The legislation still remains a complex area, which is daunting to those who are unfamiliar with the system. This handbook attempts to cover the key provisions. To make the task of advising clients a little easier, by speaking the same language, a useful list is included of some common acronyms used in the Services. Bearing in mind the volume of law and regulation, this book is principally designed to give some useful background information about the Service disciplinary system and provide an insight into the main offences charged at summary hearing and court martial. It is a sort of road map of the military justice system, which complements the excellent Manual of Service Law and Judge Advocate General's guidance.
- Author(s)A.S. Paphiti
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.