Military Psychology: Clinical and Operational Applications by Guilford Publications (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $111.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely regarded as the authoritative work in the field, this book comprehensively explores the psychological needs of today's service members and how to meet them effectively. Expert contributors review best practices for conducting fitness-for-duty evaluations and other types of assessments, treating frequently encountered clinical problems, responding to disasters, and promoting the health and well-being of all personnel. The book also examines the role of mental health professionals in enhancing operational readiness, with chapters on crisis and hostage negotiation, understanding terrorists, and more. New to This Edition *The latest scientific kwledge, clinical interventions, and training recommendations. *Chapter on acute combat stress. *Chapter on post-deployment problems, including PTSD and depression. *Chapter on military psychology ethics. *Coverage of blast concussion screening and evaluation.
- Author BiographyCarrie H. Kennedy, PhD, ABPP, is a Commander in the Medical Service Corps of the U.S. Navy and currently serves as the Group Psychologist for the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group in Quantico, Virginia, USA. She has deployed to the Detention Hospital in Guantanamo Bay and with 1st Medical Battalion to Helmand Province, Afghanistan. She is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 19, Military Psychology) and the American Academy of Clinical Psychology. Dr. Kennedy is coeditor of Military Neuropsychology; Wheels Down: Adjusting to Life After Deployment; and Ethical Practice in Operational Psychology: Military and National Intelligence Applications. She serves on the editorial boards of Military Psychology and Psychological Services. Eric A. Zillmer, PsyD, is the Carl R. Pacifico Professor of Neuropsychology and Director of Athletics at Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA. He received his doctorate in clinical psychology from Florida Tech, which honored him with its Outstanding Alumnus Award. Dr. Zillmer is a Fellow of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, the American Psychological Association, the Society for Personality Assessment, and the National Academy of Neuropsychology, for which he has also served as President. Coauthor of the text Principles of Neuropsychology, he has written extensively in the areas of sports psychology, neuropsychology, the psychology of terrorists, and psychological assessment.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight706 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCarrie H. Kennedy,Eric A. Zillmer
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.