All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracking a human by the signs he leaves of his passing is a difficult skill, and some of the best training in this arena takes place in the ongoing programs run by invative military units around the world. This Paladin reprint gives you two military tracking/countertracking field manuals in one, from the U.S. Army Special Forces and the Australian Air Training Corps. The American manual details how Special Forces troops track anyone over any terrain, avoid being tracked themselves, and use canines in both rural and urban tracking operations. It is abundantly illustrated with photos and drawings so you can see precisely what tracks, sticks, plants and other signs look like. Basic Visual Tracking contains the official cadet and instructor tes for the Australian Air Training Corps, organised in an easy-to-follow format. Taken together, these manuals provide an expert crash course in locating, interpreting, and following signs on the ground. This is essential material t only for combat trackers but hunters, law-enforcement personnel, wilderness search and rescue teams, wildlife scientists and photographers, or anyone who would like to kw how leading-edge military units carry out this ancient skill.
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour photos, illustrations
- Weight329 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
Most relevant reviews
- anthonythetoolm...26 Jun, 2014by
Very well explained and well detailed!
Love the book. I found it very accurate and well detailed. Has enhanced my already experienced tracking abilities. I've never read any books/material on this subject but I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in learning tracking skills. To perfect this book you will need to get out into the scrub and practice the techniques you have read. Happy reading and "Practising"
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81