Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFifty-five of the world's greatest military and political leaders share their formulas for success. What is the key to success? To begin with, said Thomas Jefferson, 'one must determine never to be idle'. According to Calvin Coolidge, 'Persistence and determination are omnipotent'. For General Norman Schwarzkopf, successful leadership was, above all, a product of integrity. 'Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy'. While the individual leaders profiled in this inspiring book had their own personal formula for success, all shared certain essential attributes. From Alexander the Great to Colin Powell, Sitting Bull to Ronald Reagan, these remarkable people possessed discipline, courage, tenacity and a willingness to take risks and learn from their mistakes. And despite vast geographical and cultural differences across far-reaching periods in time, these leaders' examples continue to teach us important lessons about achieving greatness. This book helps you discover how: Tecumseh forged an Indian confederacy stretching from Missouri to Canada; General Patton's formula for war - speed, simplicity, and boldness - led his troops to victory; Queen Elizabeth I brought Britain into an age of unprecedented prosperity and growth; Ulysses S. Grant turned the tide in the Civil War; and, Winston Churchill led his nation through World War II and won the Nobel Prize for literature.
- Author BiographyInvestor's Business Daily is read by almost 800,000 subscribers around the globe. It is renowned for providing individual investors with critical information previously available only to institutional investors. William J. O'Neil, one of Wall Street's most seasoned, successful investing veterans, is the founder and chairman of Investor's Business Daily.
- Author(s)Investor's Business Daily
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width149 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byWilliam J. O'Neil
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.