All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you the next Million Dollar Woman? Women run an increasing number of businesses, but female entrepreneurs still tend to think small, and their companies rarely reach the heights of those of their male counterparts. Remarkably, less than 5 per cent of venture capital money gets invested in businesses led by women, which means few women have the capital to take their businesses big. CEO Julia Pimsleur has beaten the odds, raising millions and racking up awards for her international children's language-teaching company, Little Pim. Million Dollar Women is a fun, accessible business guide combining Pimsleur's own story with straightforward business advice and the instructive, often funny stories of other female entrepreneurs who are running businesses with substantial funding and revenues. There will also be quick, helpful exercises in a workbook-like appendix. Million Dollar Women will give advice on: - How to think big and take your company to scale - How to overcome both internal and external factors holding you back - How to raise capital - How to delegate - How to cultivate a network that will support you Million Dollar Women will provide all women with a clear path for getting out of their own way, dreaming big, and reaching their most ambitious goals.
- Author BiographyJulia Pimsleur is CEO and Founder of Little Pim, the leading program for introducing young children to a second language at home. It sells internationally in nineteen countries, and has won more than twenty-five awards for its proprietary Entertainment Immersion Method(R). Pimsleur is dedicated to helping other female entrepreneurs access growth capital-one of the greatest keys to business success. To this end, she has created the Double Digit Academy fundraising boot-camp and the online course Further. Faster. Funded. Pimsleur has blogged about entrepreneurship for Forbes.com since 2012, and she has been a speaker at Stanford University, Yale University, NYU Stern Business School, and the Yale School of Management. A popular TV guest, she has been featured on TODAY, NBC Weekend Today, and Fox News, and her company has been highlighted in Business Week, Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. She won the 2013 Smart CEO Brava! Award for women entrepreneurs.
- Author(s)Julia Pimsleur
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content NoteApprox. 15 black & white line drawings
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.