All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roosevelt administration tried to deport them. The FBI spied on them. The British wanted to arrest them. But ne of that could stop the Bergson Group from forging ahead with its campaign for rescue of Jews from the Holocaust in 1943-1944. Their rallies, lobbying in Washington, and hundreds of newspaper advertisements shook the American public and forced the Allies to face the Nazi gecide. In these pages, the late Samuel Merlin, one of the group's leaders, tells the remarkable story of a handful of activists --Jews and Christians-- who helped change history. Merlin's account is edited and antated by ted Holocaust historian Rafael Medoff.
- Author BiographySamuel Merlin (1910-1996) was one of the leaders of the Bergson Group, which during the 1940s organized public campaigns for the rescue of Jews from the Holocaust and creation of a Jewish state. Dr. Rafael Medoff is founding director of The David S. Wyman Institute for Hoocaust Studies, in Washington, D.C., and has authored twelve books about the Holocaust, Zionism, and Jewish history.
- Author(s)Samuel Merlin
- PublisherDavid S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byProfessor Rafael Medoff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.