All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionFew early modern poets engaged more fully with their historical circumstances than John Milton. A pamphleteer, government employee, and writer of occasional verse, Milton did t retreat from public life even after his political hopes were dashed by the Restoration. This volume investigates the various ways in which Milton's works and experiences emerged from the culture and events of his time. In a series of concise, engaging essays, an international group of scholars examines both the social conditions of Milton's life and the broader intellectual currents that shaped his writings and reputation. A uniquely wide range of topics is covered: from biography to translations, from astromy to philosophy, and from the English Church to the civil wars. Milton in Context is an accessible reference work that both students and scholars will turn to again and again to enrich their understanding of Milton's writings and his world.
- Author BiographyStephen B. Dobranski is Associate Professor of English at Georgia State University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLiterature in Context
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus.
- Weight990 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byStephen B. Dobranski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.