All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mimbres cultural florescence between about AD 1000 and AD 1140 remains one of the most visually astonishing and anthropologically intriguing questions in Southwest prehistory. In this revised edition, ted Mimbres scholar Dr. J. J. Brody incorporates the extensive fieldwork done since the original publication in 1977, updating his discussion of village life, the larger world in which the Mimbres people lived, and how the art that they practiced illuminates these wider issues. He addresses human and animal icography, the importance of perspective and motion in perceivingMimbres artistry, and the techlogy used to produce the ceramics. This lively, engaging work will interest archaeologists, art historians, and all people who enjoy the beauty of Mimbres pottery. Featuring over one hundred new illustrations and insights drawn from a lifetime of study and contemplation, this book is much more than a revised edition; it establishes a new standard for the artistic interpretation of a classic Southwestern culture for the new century.
- Author(s)J. J. Brody
- PublisherSAR Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSanta Fe
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchool of American Research Press,U.S.
- Weight794 g
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.