Mind-Body Workbook for Addiction: Effective Tools for Substance-Abuse Recovery and Relapse Prevention by Guy du Plessis, Carolyn Bryant Block, Stanley H. Block (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking treatment for substance abuse or addiction is half the battle-staying sober is the other. In this important book, physician Stanley Block and addiction specialist Guy du Plessis present a powerful, easy-to-use program for overcoming addiction utilizing the mind-body bridging modality. If you're recovering from substance abuse, you kw that every day is a new battle. In fact, staying sober is one of the hardest aspects of addiction recovery, and many people end up relapsing. If you've tried traditional treatment but are still struggling to stay on the path to sobriety, you may be ready for a new approach. In Mind-Body Workbook for Addiction, Stanley Block, MD, Carolyn Bryant Block, and founder of the popular Integrated Recovery Program (IRP), Guy du Plessis present an invative and clinically proven mind body bridging technique to help you stay sober, manage emotions and stress, and ultimately build a better life. Inside, you'll find easy-to-use self-help exercises to help you uncover addiction triggers, stay grounded, and prevent future relapse so you can finally heal. Mind-body bridging is a proven-effective method of self-help that teaches you how to regulate strong emotions such as anxiety, anger, worry, and stress-all emotions that lie at the core of addiction issues. You'll learn how to become aware of your negative thoughts, experience them without pushing them away, and then use your physical senses to become more grounded and relaxed, rather than turning to alcohol or drugs for relief. If you're ready to finally gain control of your addiction and stay sober, this book has the potential to change your life.
- Author BiographyStanley H. Block (Author) Stanley H. Block, MD, is adjunct professor of psychiatry at the University of Utah School of Medicine, and a board-certified psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. He is a consultant on the medical staff at US Army and Veterans Administration Hospitals. He lectures and consults with treatment centers worldwide, and is coauthor of Mind-Body Workbook for Stress, Mind-Body Workbook for PTSD, Mind-Body Workbook for Anger, and Come to Your Senses. He and his wife, Carolyn Bryant Block, live in Copalis Beach, WA. Find out more about his work online at www.mindbodybridging.com. Carolyn Bryant Block (Author) Carolyn Bryant Block is coauthor of Bridging the I System, Come to Your Senses, Mind-Body Workbook for PTSD, Mind-Body Workbook for Stress, and Mind Body Workbook for Anger. She is codeveloper of mind-body bridging. Guy du Plessis, MA, specializes in addiction treatment, recovery coaching, and addiction research. He offers individual therapy in Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa, as well as online coaching and professional training. Plessis has worked in the addiction treatment milieu for over fifteen years as an addictions counselor, head of treatment, program and clinical director, and researcher. He is author of the book An Integral Guide to Recovery: Twelve Steps and Beyond, developer of the Integrated Recovery Program (IRP), and has published numerous academic articles on the application of Integral Theory in addiction treatment and research.
- Author(s)Carolyn Bryant Block,Guy du Plessis,Stanley H. Block
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight436 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.