Mind Reading: The Interactive Guide to Emotions 1.3 by Simon Baron-Cohen (DVD, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Mar
- AU $49.95+ AU $3.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by sirhoratio70
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMind Reading is a unique reference work covering the entire spectrum of human emotions. It is available as a DVD-ROM and also as a set of CD-ROMs running on either a Windows or an Apple Macintosh computer. Using the software you can explore over 400 emotions, seeing and hearing each one performed by six different people. There are three main sections: Emotions Library, Learning Centre and Games Zone. Mind Reading is for everyone interested in emotions. It has been designed with awareness of the needs of children and adults who may want to improve their ability to recognize emotions in others. It is also an invaluable resource for parents, teachers, those involved in social skills training and people working in the dramatic arts. Emotions Library Here you can study 412 different emotions organized into 24 groups. Six video clips are provided for each emotion showing close-up performances by a wide range of people (old, young, male, female). Six audio clips express the intonation of each emotion. There are definitions and stories for each emotion, a search facility, and a scrapbook where you can create and organize your own collections. Learning Center Learn to improve your emotion recognition skills in this section. Valuable to a wide set of users of all ages, including people on the autistic spectrum. A variety of lessons and quizzes are provided to present emotions in a systematic way and then to test recognition. The difficulty of some lessons can be adjusted to suit a wide range of ability levels. A rich set of collectible rewards is provided to help motivate users. Games Zone If you want to have fun with emotions then play one of the games in this section. See how world famous actor Daniel Radcliffe reacts to being offered some raw squid ! Visit a school, an office or a market to play with emotions in the real world. Play a fast moving card game where you have to match the faces to win or guess the emotion in the hidden face. The Games Zone encourages informal learning about emotions in a less structured setting. System requirements: DVD-ROM drive to play from optical disc (300 MB free space needed on hard drive) or CD-ROM drive to install from optical disc (2.5 GB free space needed on hard drive) Minimum Pentium 2 running Windows 98 or later with 32 MB RAM or Apple Power Mac running OS 9.2 or later with 16 MB available RAM for application. Lion is t supported. Pentium 3 or faster recommended. Minimum screen size 800 x 600, with 16 bit display. Sound card and speakers required. Please te that Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later is t supported.
- Author BiographySimon Baron-Cohen is Professor of Developmental Psychopathology at Cambridge University and a Fellow of Trinity College. He is also Director of the Autism Research Centre in Cambridge, and runs a clinic for adults with Asperger Syndrome.
- Author(s)Simon Baron-Cohen
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notesd., col.
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPAL
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.