All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal Institute of Philosophy's London Lecture series for 2013-14 brought together contributions from a distinguished group of leading figures in the philosophy of mind. The topic the lecturers were asked to speak and write on, 'Mind, Self and Person', has been at the forefront of philosophical enquiry throughout the history of the subject, and, as will be evident from this volume, is as lively and contested an area of investigation in contemporary philosophy as it was in the days of the ancient Greeks. This collection of papers covers a wide range of issues, including consciousness, the mind and its relation to the body, the self, the nature of the human person, personal identity, the link between mind and morality, the existence of group minds and the educational implications of what we think about the mind.
- Author BiographyAnthony O'Hear is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Buckinghamshire, Director of the Royal Institute of Philosophy and Editor of the journal Philosophy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoyal Institute of Philosophy Supplements
- Series Part/Volume Number76
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAnthony O'Hear
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.