Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Emergence and The Ghost Map , Steven Johnson's Mind Wide Open: Why You Are What You Think takes us on a journey to the frontiers of brain science and reveals exactly how we're hardwired to think and feel. 'You are part reptile, part mammal, part primate. You are a dopamine fiend. You are a walking assembly of patterns and waves, clusters of neurons firing in sync with one ather...' Experimenting with the latest techlogy, Stephen Johnson discovers (among other things) that everything we do - from falling in love to forming a sentence - is caused by neurons firing and chemicals swirling around our heads; that there are gadgets which can enable us to control our own brainwaves; that everyone's mind, like their fingerprint, is unique; and this can help us understand our own mental foibles - and see ourselves in a totally new way. As Steven Johnson explores his inner world ...we have a new sense of what it means to be human . ( The New York Times ). Refreshingly personal ...endlessly fascinating . ( Guardian ). Steven Johnson has an eye fro the most interesting new ideas in this exploding field, and he explains them with insight and gusto . (Stephen Pinker). Steven Johnson is the author of the acclaimed books Everything Bad is Good for You , The Ghost Map , Where Good Ideas Come From , Emergence and Interface Culture . His writing appeared in the Guardian , the New Yorker , Nation and Harper's , as well as the op-ed pages of The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal . He is a Distinguished Writer In Residence at NYU's School Of Journalism, and a Contributing Editor to Wired .
- Author BiographySteven Johnson is the author Emergence, which was shortlisted for the Helen Bernstein Award for Excellence in Journalism. Johnson's writing has appeared in The New Yorker, Harper's and The Guardian, as well as on the op-ed pages of The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. He also writes for Discover magazine and Wired.com, and was co-founder of the award-winning websites FEED and Plastic.com. He teaches at New York University's Interactive Telecommunications Program, and has degrees in Semiotics and English Literature from Brown and Columbia Universities.
- Author(s)Steven Johnson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight216 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.