All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatricia M. Greenfield was one of the first psychologists to present new research on how various media can be used to promote social growth and thinking skills. In this w classic, she argues that each medium can make a contribution to development, that each has strengths and weaknesses, and that the ideal childhood environment includes a multimedia approach to learning. In the Introduction to the Classic Edition, Greenfield shows how the original edition set themes that have extended into contemporary research on media and child development, and includes an explanation of how the new media landscape has changed her own research and thinking.
- Author BiographyPatricia M. Greenfield is Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles and Director of the Children's Digital Media Center @ Los Angeles (www.cdmc.ucla.edu). Her central theoretical and research interest is in the relationship between culture and human development; she sees media as a key component of modern culture. Greenfield is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and recipient of an Award for Distinguished Contributions to Cultural and Contextual Factors in Child Development from the Society for Research in Child Development.
- Author(s)Patricia M. Greenfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychology Press & Routledge Classic Editions
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.