All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis gorgeously detailed colouring book is filled with whimsical and relaxing art that inspires, soothes the mind, and unlocks the mental health benefits of colouring. Hand-drawn by an expert illustrator and teacher, the artworks in this book are both representative and abstract. Each page offers a unique opportunity for self-expression and reaching a peaceful state of mindful awareness. Readers will find everything from sunsets, gentle rain and other images from nature to abstract patterns specially designed to help them colour away their stress, reflect on their day and emerge with a healthier sense of self. Colouring is t only calming and rejuvenating but also therapeutic. An introduction by New York Times best-selling author Daniel J. Siegel, clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, sets the stage for understanding the mental and emotional benefits of colouring.
- Author BiographyDiana Elisabeth Dube, MsEd, has been an educator for fifteen years and has a graduate degree in early childhood general and special education from Bank St. College. In addition to her teaching, she conducts professional development workshops at private schools in New York City. As an illustrator, she creates wedding invitations and provides internal and jacket art for many books. Daniel J. Siegel, MD is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and completed his postgraduate medical education at UCLA with training in pediatrics and child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry. He is currently a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, founding co-director of UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center, founding co-investigator at the UCLA Center for Culture, Brain and Development, and executive director of the Mindsight Institute, an educational center devoted to promoting insight, compassion, and empathy in individuals, families, institutions, and communities. Dr. Siegel's psychotherapy practice spans thirty years, and he has published extensively for the professional audience. He serves as the Founding Editor for theNorton Professional Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology which includes over three dozen textbooks. Dr. Siegel's books include Mindsight, Pocket Guide to Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Developing Mind, Second Edition, The Mindful Therapist, The Mindful Brain, Parenting from the Inside Out (with Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.), and the three New York Times bestsellers: Brainstorm, The Whole-Brain Child (with Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.), and his latest No-Drama Discipline (with Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.). He has been invited to lecture for the King of Thailand, Pope John Paul II, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Google University, and TEDx. For more information about his educational programs and resources, please visit: www.DrDanSiegel.com.
- Author(s)Diana Elisabeth Dube
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight450 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byDaniel J. Siegel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.