All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHuman existence depends on relationships. Our brains rely on interconnected neural networks to function. Our minds relentlessly encode complex matrices of meaning to make sense of the world. And our physical and psychological development is contingent on the social bonds we share with others. Mindful Relationships: The Seven Skills for Success integrates the science of mind, body and brain to reveal how stress undermines these relationships, and what we can do about it.Chronic stress threatens our wellbeing and relationship success by creating systemic dysregulation of the mind, body and brain. This dysregulation leaves us relying on primal defense strategies like aggression and withdrawal, and inhibits key cognitive-behavioral capacities essential to relationship success such as accurate appraisal, effective coping, and coherent communication. The inspirational and accessible book introduces the BREATHE model - an evidence-rich approach that synthesizes the science of mind, body and brain to alleviate stress, increase self-awareness, self-regulation, and emotional intelligence, and cultivate resilient social bonds.These Seven Skills are essential tools for creating and maintaining a healthy, harmonious, and successful relationship with yourself and others. Filled with sound science, engaging stories and experiential exercises, this book is bound to change the way that you relate to your life and those in it.
- Author BiographyB Grace Bullock, PhD, E-RYT 500 is a research scientist, psychologist, author, educator, and yoga and mindfulness expert. Her goal is to empower individuals, groups, organizations and systems to strengthen social bonds, and increase awareness, attention, compassion, effective communication and resilience. She offers classes, workshops, writing and research that combine the wisdom of neuroscience, psychophysiology, psychology and contemplative science and practice.Dr. Bullock was the Senior Scientist for the Ethics, Education and Human Development Initiative at the Mind and Life Institute, where she led the development of a global initiative to evaluate mindfulness-based programs in K-12, higher education and organizational leadership. She also served as an intervention scientist and co-Investigator on several NIH-funded longitudinal prevention trials at the University of Oregon Institute of Neuroscience, and the Child and Family Center, where she examined the family, peer and socio-cultural factors associated with child and adolescent antisocial behavior, mood disorders and substance use. Her strong interest in assessing dynamic interpersonal processes, personal narratives, and longitudinal outcomes led to several empirically validated, and widely used coding systems including the Family Affective Attitude Rating Scale (FAARS) and Sibling Interaction Ratings.Dr. Bullock is the Founding Director and Principal Consultant of the International Science & Education Alliance, an organization devoted to exceptional research, program evaluation, assessment design, strategic planning and capacity building to support equity, programmatic diversity and scientific integrity, and promote effective leadership, decision-making and social change. She an acclaimed national and international mindfulness writer and educator, Managing Editor for Science and Research at YogaU Online, and the former Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Yoga Therapy.
- Author(s)B. Grace Bullock
- PublisherHandspring Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication09/11/2016
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationPencaitland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHandspring Publishing Limited
- Content Note20 black and white line drawings
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.