All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $24.74Free postage
- AU $26.07Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe mind contains the seeds of its own awakening seeds that we can cultivate to bring forth the fruits of a life lived consciously. With Mindfulness, Joseph Goldstein shares the wisdom of his four decades of teaching and practice in a book that will serve as a lifelong companion for anyone committed to mindful living and the realization of inner freedom. Goldstein s source teaching is the Satipa hana Sutta, the Buddha s legendary discourse on the four foundations of mindfulness that became the basis for the many types of Vipassana (or insight meditation) found today. Exquisite in detail yet wholly accessible and relevant for the modern student, Mindfulness takes us through a profound study of: Mindfulness of body, including the breath, postures, activities, and physical characteristics Mindfulness of feelings how the experience of our sense perceptions influences our inner and outer worlds Mindfulness of mind learning to recognize skillful and unskillful states of mind and thought Mindfulness of dhammas (or categories of experience), including the Five Hindrances, the Six Sense Spheres, and the Seven Factors of Awakening There is a wealth of meaning and nuance in the experience of mindfulness that can enrich our lives in unimagined ways, writes Goldstein. In Mindfulness you have the tools to mine these riches for yourself.
- Author BiographyJoseph GoldsteinJoseph Goldstein has been leading insight and lovingkindness meditation retreats worldwide since 1974. He is a cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society, the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, and the Forest Refuge. Since 1967, he has studied and practiced different forms of Buddhist meditation under eminent teachers from India, Burma, and Tibet. His books include A Heart Full of Peace, One Dharma, Insight Meditation, and The Experience of Insight.
- Author(s)Joseph Goldstein
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight544 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.