All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Five Mindfulness Trainings (also referred to as Precepts ) t to kill, steal, commit adultery, lie, or take intoxicants are the basic statement of ethics and morality in Buddhism. In this fully revised edition, Zen Master and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh argues eloquently for their applicability in our daily lives and on a global scale. Nhat Hanh discusses the value and meaning of each precept, offering insights into the role that it could play in our changing society. Thich Nhat Hanh calls the trainings a diet for a mindful society. With this book he offers a valuable contribution to the debate, on how we can come together to define secular, moral guidelines that will allow us to explore and sustain a sane, compassionate, and healthy way of living. The Five Mindfulness Trainings offer a path to restoring meaning and value in a world marked by moral and spiritual emptiness. Whether called virtues, ethics, moral conduct, or precepts they are guidelines for living without bringing harm to others; they bring sanity and light into the world.
- Author BiographyThich Nhat Hanh is one of the most revered Zen teachers in the world today. His best-selling books include Happiness and Peace Is Every Step. He lives in Plum Village in southwest France, where he gardens, writes, and teaches the art of mindful living.
- Author(s)Thich Nhat Hanh
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Weight181 g
- Width124 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.