All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMost addictive behavior is rooted in some type of loss, be it the death of a loved one, coming to terms with limitations set by chronic health problems, or the end of a relationship. By turning to drugs and alcohol, people who have suffered a loss can numb their grief. In the process, they postpone their healing and can drive themselves further into addiction. The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction offers readers an effective program for working through their addiction and grief with cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Created by two psychologists who work for Veterans' Affairs, this mindfulness training workbook is effective for treating the emotion dysregulation, stress, depression, and grief that lie at the heart of addiction. No matter the loss, the mindfulness skills in this workbook help readers process their grief, determine the function their addiction is serving, and replace the addiction with healthy coping behaviors.
- Author BiographyRebecca E. Williams, PhD, is a clinical psychologist specializing in recovery from mental illness and addictions. She is director of the Veterans Administration San Diego Healthcare System's Wellness and Vocational Enrichment Clinic and the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center. She is currently associate clinical professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego and adjunct faculty at the University of San Diego. She is coauthor of Couples Therapy for Alcoholism.
- Author(s)Rebecca E. Williams
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight470 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.