Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBeing mindful can help people feel calmer and more fully alive. Mindfulness and Mental Health examines other effects it can also have and presents a significant new model of how mindful awareness may influence different forms of mental suffering. The book assesses current understandings of what mindfulness is, what it leads to, and how and when it can help. It looks at the roots and significance of mindfulness in Buddhist psychology and at the strengths and limitations of recent scientific investigations. A survey of relationships between mindfulness practice and established forms of psychotherapy introduces evaluations of recent clinical work where mindfulness has been used with a wide range of psychological disorders. As well as considering current 'mindfulness-based' therapies, future directions for the development of new techniques, their selection, how they are used and implications for professional training are discussed. Finally, mindfulness' future contribution to positive mental health is examined with reference to vulnerability to illness, adaptation and the flourishing of hidden capabilities. As a cogent summary of the field that addresses many key questions, Mindfulness and Mental Health is likely to help therapists from all professional backgrounds in getting to grips with developments that are becoming too significant to igre.
- Author BiographyChris Mace is Consultant Psychotherapist to Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Partnership Trust and honorary Senior Lecturer in Psychotherapy at the University of Warwick. He is currently chair of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' Psychotherapy Faculty. His previous publications include the Routledge handbooks: The Art and Science of Assessment in Psychotherapy; Heart and Soul: the therapeutic face of philosophy; and Evidence in the Psychological Therapies.
- Author(s)Chris Mace
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight362 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.