All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have borderline personality disorder (BPD), you kw that the intensity of your emotions can be suffocating, and can lead to self destructive behavior and relationship difficulties. Fluctuating emotions, black and white thinking, and a tendency to self-harm can make BPD especially difficult to treat. As an answer to the lack of effective treatment available, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) was founded by Marsha Lineham-who suffered from BPD herself-to treat BPD with a combination of behavioral science and concepts of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Since its creation, DBT has proven extremely successful in the treatment of BPD. Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder offers a new, mindfulness-based approach to emotion regulation and the common symptoms associated with BPD. If you are suffering from BPD, the practice of mindfulness can offer comfort, calm, and hope. This book will look at the ways in which mindfulness can be used to address the specific symptoms of BPD, teaching the basics of mindfulness, providing specific mindfulness exercises, application to the symptoms of BPD, and examples from patients as they have begun the path out of suffering using mindfulness. If you are ready to change your life and minimize your symptoms, this book is a powerful, evidence-based tool that can help.
- Author BiographyBlaise Aguirre, MD, is an assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is expert in child, adolescent and adult psychotherapy, including dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and psychopharmacology. He is medical director of 3East at Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital. Dr. Aguirre has been a staff psychiatrist at McLean since 2000 and is widely recognized for his extensive work in the treatment of mood and personality disorders in adolescents. He is the author of Parenting Your Child with Autism: Practical Solutions, Strategies, and Advice for Helping Your Family, Biographies of Disease: Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents, A Complete Guide to Understanding and Coping When Your Adolescent Has BPD, and Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens and Preteens. Gillian Galen, PsyD, is an instructor in psychology at Harvard Medical School. She is the assistant director of training and senior psychologist at 3East the Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital-a unique, residential DBT program for young women exhibiting self-endangering behaviors and borderline personality traits. She specializes in adolescent psychotherapy, including DBT. She has a particular interest in using mindfulness and yoga in the treatment of BPD and other psychiatric illnesses. Dr. Galen has been a registered yoga instructor since 2008.
- Author(s)Blaise Aguirre
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight294 g
- Width230 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.