Mindfulness for Teen Anger: A Workbook to Overcome Anger and Aggression Using MBSR and DBT Skills by Jason Robert Murphy, Mark C. Purcell (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you ever feel so frustrated with school, friends, parents, and life in general that you lose control of your emotions and lash out? You shouldn't feel ashamed. Being a teen in today's world is hard, but it's even harder when you're unable to keep your cool in stressful situations. Fortunately, there are things you can do to make positive changes in your life. Using proven effective mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), Mindfulness for Teen Anger will teach you the difference between healthy and unhealthy forms of anger. Inside, you'll learn how to make better choices, how to stop overreacting, find emotional balance, and be more aware of your thoughts and feelings in the moment. You'll also learn skills for building positive relationships with peers, friends, and family. As a teen, the relationship skills you learn w can help you thrive in the future. With a little help, and by cultivating compassion and understanding for yourself and others, you will be able to transform your fear and anger into confidence and kindness.
- Author BiographyJason Robert Murphy MA, MFT, has been practicing Vipassana (Insight) meditation since 1994. He is a teacher and counselor who has been working with youth and families for the past twenty years. He is a certified addictions counselor and founder of Mindfulness Recovery Counseling. Murphy has taught mindful awareness in a variety of settings around the country. He has a private practice and leads workshops and mindfulness intervention groups with incarcerated men and woman as well as for young adults in Santa Cruz, CA. Mark Purcell, MEd, PsyD, is a licensed psychologist who has worked with youth and families for the past twenty years. Mark has developed DBT programs for youth agencies and trained professionals in a variety of settings. As an adjunct instructor, Mark teaches courses in DBT, trauma, and therapy with children and adolescents at several universities in the San Francisco Bay Area. Mark is the child psychologist for Parents Place and has a private practice in the San Francisco Peninsula.
- Author(s)Jason Robert Murphy,Mark C. Purcell
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleTeen Instant Help
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight320 g
- Width206 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.