All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a series of thoughtful and revealing reflections - excerpts from the inner and outer lives of college teachers - from which emerges a common concern for the interactive and spiritual dimensions of the educational process, and a rich sense of the light which can and should illuminate it. Informed either by personal commitment to Quakerism, or by individual work within Quaker institutions, the contributors offer perspectives that are important for teachers, parents, and readers generally interested in the classroom experience as a process of growth and exploration. Minding the Light provides an inspiring outline of friendly pedagogy, which deeply respects individual uniqueness while awakening learners to their active involvements with larger communities.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Anne Dalke is a member of the English Department and Coordinator of the Feminist and Gender Studies Program at Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania. She is the author of Teaching to Learn/Learning to Teach: Meditations on the Classroom (Peter Lang, 2002) and is a member of Radnor Monthly Meeting of the Society of Friends. Barbara Dixson teaches English and English teachers at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. She is a Friend by convincement and a member of Stevens Point Friends Meeting.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Education and Spirituality
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight320 g
- Edited byAnne Dalke,Barbara Dixson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.