All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays presents two complementary perspectives on the development of children's minds: one considering the role of society in the construction of the mind, the second showing how the mind constructs itself during the course of cognitive growth.Inspired by the lifetime's work of David Olson, one of the world's most distinguished educational psychologists, Minds in the Making reviews the literature supporting these two positions, proposes new directions and provides a comprehensive overview of the field.With contributions by some of the leading experts in the field, this carefully crafted collection of essays has been rigorously edited by Janet Wilde Astington to ensure that they are thoroughly accessible and cohesive. Minds in the Making will be welcomed as an inspiring teaching volume and as an important contribution to research into both cultural and cognitive theories of mind.
- Author BiographyJane Wilde Astington is at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. She has published widely and is a former editor of the journal, Cognitive Development.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2000
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight696 g
- Width178 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJanet Wilde Astington
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.