Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped for students at the 10-12 reading level, MINDSCAPES: CRITICAL READING SKILLS AND STRATEGIES, 2E helps students become stronger readers based on how the brain best processes and learns information. Christine Evans Carter has developed a powerful approach to building reading skills that is based on the latest research in brain-based learning; when students recognize the structure and organization of information, they maximize their learning power. This focus on text structure provides a scaffold onto which developmental-level readers can apply new kwledge. Information is presented in a carefully crafted sequence that serves to build upon prior kwledge and expand understanding of skills and strategies in a recursive manner. In addition, each chapter includes study skills and discipline-specific vocabulary and reading strategies to help students succeed in all of their courses.
- Author BiographyChristine Evans Carter is a Professor at St. Louis Community College at Meramec in the English department (since 1999) and has served as the Coordinator of their Reading Program for 5 years. Prior to her appointment in St. Louis, Christine was lead reading faculty in the transitional studies department at Denmark Technical College in South Carolina. She has also taught as an adjunct instructor at several institutions. Christine has a BA in English and an MA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of Connecticut (1984, 1988), and a MS in Reading from Western Illinois University (1994). In addition, she has acquired more than a PhD level of graduate credit in her field. Christine has been teaching for more than 20 years and has over 15 years of experience teaching all developmental and college level reading courses, ESL, advanced reading, all levels of developmental writing courses and introductory anthropology. She has made numerous presentations in her field at both national and regional conferences.
- Author(s)Christine Carter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight956 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.