All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most influential thinker, in my life, has been the psychologist Richard Nisbett. He basically gave me my view of the world. -Malcolm Gladwell, New York Times Book Review Scientific and philosophical concepts can change the way we solve problems by helping us to think more effectively about our behavior and our world. Surprisingly, despite their utility, many of these tools remain unkwn to most of us.In Mindware, the world-rewned psychologist Richard E. Nisbett presents these ideas in clear and accessible detail. Nisbett has made a distinguished career of studying and teaching such powerful problem-solving concepts as the law of large numbers, statistical regression, cost-benefit analysis, sunk costs and opportunity costs, and causation and correlation, probing the best methods for teaching others how to use them effectively in their daily lives. In this groundbreaking book, Nisbett shows us how to frame common problems in such a way that these scientific and statistical principles can be applied to them. The result is an enlightening and practical guide to the most essential tools of reasoning ever developed-tools that can easily be used to make better professional, business, and personal decisions.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Nisbett is a professor of psychology at the University of Michigan and one of the world's most respected psychologists. He has received the Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions from the American Psychological Association and many other national and international awards. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. His books The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently . . . and Why and Intelligence and How to Get It: Why Schools and Cultures Count have won multiple awards and have been translated into many languages.
- Author(s)Richard E Nisbett,Richard Nisbett
- PublisherFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Date of Publication18/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Out-of-print date13/08/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.