All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this beautifully illustrated multicultural children's book, a modern-day boy goes on an adventure where he meets Confucius China's most famous ancient philosopher. In his newest adventure, Ming and his father travel to Qufu in China's Shandong Province, the hometown of the famous Chinese sage Confucius, born over 2,500 years ago. While Ming's father studies the stunning historic architecture, Ming's attention is drawn to a game of Chinese checkers set up in a gazebo. But as soon as he touches the checkers, Ming finds himself magically transported back in time to ancient Qufu. There he meets Confucius and his students, and explores with them the principles established by the rewned teacher, which remain so important in China today. Ather delightful tale of past meets present from author/artist Li Jian, Ming's Adventures with Confucius in Qufu is sure to inspire a new generation of children.
- Author BiographyLi Jian graduated from Hebei Normal University in 2001, majoring in Chinese Painting. Formerly a middle school art teacher, editor for children's books, and partner in an illustration studio, he currently owns his own illustration studio focusing on children's fairy tales. He has also published The Water Dragon, The Little Monkey King's Journey, The Snake Goddess Colors the World, Ming's Adventure with the Terracotta Army, The Horse and the Mysterious Drawing, Ming's Adventure in the Forbidden City and Mulan: Retold in Chinese and English.
- Author(s)Li Jian,Yijin Wert
- PublisherBetterLink Press Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBetterLink Press Incorporated
- Content Note40 full colour Chinese ink style illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width235 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.