All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen four-year-old Pandora is warned by her mother t to open a box, her spirited curiosity trumps her obedience. Pandora harmlessly touches the box, incently leans on the box and eventually, albeit accidentally, bursts the box open! The cupcakes that were hidden inside are ruined, except for one last vestige, which Pandora presents in the hope that her mother still loves her. Leslie Patricelli's famously humorous illustrations bring a playful narrative to Joan Holub's carefully crafted text. This book, along with Hercules, launches the Mini Myths, a series of mythologically-inspired modern-day parables in board book form, featuring a read-aloud summary of the Greek myth at the very end.
- Author BiographyJoan Holub is an award-winning, bestselling author of over 130 children's books, including the popular series The Goddess Girls, which has sold over 378,000 copies. Leslie Patricelli is the creator of a best-selling board book series starring the adorable bald baby (Candlewick). Titles in this series, including Big Little, Quiet Loud, Yummy Yucky, Baby Happy Baby Sad, have sold over 600,000 copies.
- Author(s)Joan Holub
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleMini Myths
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintAbrams Appleseed
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Leslie Patricelli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.