All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen excitement turns into gloating and feelings are hurt Aphrodite, Hera and Athena are competing for Paris's candy apple. When Aphrodite offers Paris a toy horse, she wins the prize! Her excitement leads to bragging, which results in the hurt feelings of others. But when Aphrodite stops boasting and offers to share her snack instead, the three friends happily play together.Joan Holub's carefully crafted text is brought to life by Leslie Patricelli's famously humorous illustrations. Includes a summary of the original Aphrodite myth at the end. This book joins Be Patient, Pandora!, Play Nice, Hercules!, Brush Your Hair, Medusa!, Make a Wish, Midas! and Be Careful, Icarus! in the Mini Myths series of mythologically-inspired modern-day parables in board book form, each featuring a read-aloud summary of the Greek myth at the very end.
- Author BiographyJoan Holub is an award-winning, bestselling author of over 130 children's books, including the popular series The Goddess Girls, which has sold over 478,000 copies. Leslie Patricelli is the creator of a best-selling board book series starring the adorable bald baby (Candlewick). Titles in this series, including Big Little, Quiet Loud, Yummy Yucky and Baby Happy Baby Sad, have sold over 779,000 copies.
- Author(s)Joan Holub
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleMini Myths
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Leslie Patricelli
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $29.84
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.46
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $18.93
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.89
- AU $13.72Trending at AU $19.92
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $13.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.