All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionBrevity is the soul of wit and a mini-saga is the soul of brevity. A story of just fifty words, with a beginning, a middle and an end. Not just that, but a story that instantly captivates the reader with dreams and disasters, fantasies and fears, loves and hates, humour, morality, immorality, the everyday and the extraordinary. Included in the anthology are the best mini-sagas from the latest competition, chosen from the thousands received from all round the world. With them are specially commissioned tales from celebrity writers Brian Aldiss, Rachel Cusk, John Hegley, John Lanchester, Blake Morrison, Carol Shields and Helen Simpson, as well as singer Ray Davies and David Lammy MP. Witty, inventive, provocative and tantalizing, the mini-sagas are designed to tease and entertain reader and writer alike. They succeed brilliantly. Judged by Brian Aldiss, Quentin Blake, Christopher Howse, Joanna Lumley and Blake Morrison.
- Author BiographyBrian Aldiss, OBE, (b. 1925) is a prolific author and anthologist. His science fiction has received critical acclaim. Steven Spielberg used the title story from his collection Super-Toys Last All Summer Long and Other Stories of Future Time (2001) as the basis for the film A.I.
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2001
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBrian Aldiss
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.