All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores minimalist fashion design unto itself both as an object and from a fine art and cultural point view. Its text and images demonstrate how the fine arts have directly impacted important designers worldwide in combination with the cultural and political influences of each era. The book has more than 150 gorgeous images, pairing the work of the world's most important designers and artists in fascinating juxtaposition (Yves St. Laurent's Mondrian dress being the most obvious example). It's an amazing ensemble of imagery and information that will captivate fine art, design, and fashion lovers, who will thrill to the unique point of view and astounding range of visuals. Despite its name, Minimalism is a rich read and a visual feast.
- Author BiographyElyssa Dimant is a fashion historian and expert in contemporary fashion studies. She serves as an adjunct professor at Parsons School of Design and the Cooper-Hewitt Masters Program in the Decorative Arts in New York, and has lectured at museums, universities, and private venues worldwide. Formerly a curatorial research associate at the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, she co-curated the 2004 exhibition WILD: Fashion Untamed and coauthored the accompanying catalog. The author of Style Mentors: Women Who Define the Art of Dressing Today and Minimalism and Fashion: Reduction in the Postmodern Era, The New French Couture is Dimant's fifth book. She has also contributed to numerous fashion publications, including The Spaces and Places of Fashion, The Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion, Vogue, and Elle Canada. Dimant has been featured as a fashion authority in the New York Times, W, WWD, i-D, and Numero, among others.
- Author(s)Elyssa Dimant
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content Note250 Colour
- Weight1979 g
- Width260 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.