All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew Radford's textbook, Minimalist Syntax, provides a concise, clear, and accessible introduction to syntactic theory, drawing on the key concepts of Chomsky's Minimalist Program. Assuming little or prior kwledge of syntactic theory, Radford takes students through a diverse range of topics in English syntax - such as categories and features, merger, null constituents, movement, case, and split projections - and shows how the 'computational component' works within the minimalist framework. Beginning at an elementary level, the book introduces grammatical concepts and sets out the theoretical foundations of Principles and Parameters and Universal Grammar, before progressing in stages towards more complex phemena. Each chapter contains a workbook section, in which students are encouraged to make their own analyses of English phrases and sentences through exercises, model answers, and 'helpful hints'. There is also an extensive glossary of terms.
- Author BiographyAndrew Radford is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Essex.
- Author(s)Andrew Radford
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2004
- Series TitleCambridge Textbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight830 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Series Edited byP. Austin,J. Bresnan,B. Comrie,S. Crain,W. Dressler,C. Ewen,R. Lass,D. Lightfoot,K. Rice
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.