All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Minimum Ecomic Recovery Standards (MERS) sponsored by SEEP represent a consensus across agencies engaged in ecomic recovery and development on what constitutes an effective and appropriate response to help disaster-affected populations gain fair access to viable ecomic opportunities, allowing them to regain their livelihoods with dignity. In order to ensure sustained and long-term ecomic recovery from crisis, MERS needs to become an integral part of the development and implementation of humanitarian assistance. As the Sphere Guidelines are common standards and do t address ecomic recovery programming, the MERS were developed to address this gap. The standards highlight strategies designed to promote financial services, productive assets, employment, and enterprise development among livelihoods in areas affected by conflict or disaster. In putting forth these standards, SEEP aims to improve the capabilities and accountability of humanitarian and ecomic practitioners.
- Author BiographyThe SEEP Network is a global network of over 130 international practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems.
- Author(s)The SEEP Network
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.