Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionHimalaya, the world's most prominent mountain system of the world is a source of sustainence for the social, cultural and ecomic development of population across different countries. Unscientific, small-scale mining for harnessing reounrces including minerals has caused ecosystem damage. Therefore, an integrated and holistic approach to deal with the resource management is required. This book makes a focussed effort to explain how mining in the Himalaya is practiced with discussions pertaining to critiques and lacunas of mining and environmental practices. Status of mining practices in Himalaya is included along with the legal/environmental repercussions of mining.
- Author(s)A. K. Soni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.