All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMinisterial Ethics provides both new and experienced pastors with tools for sharpening their personal and professional decision-making skills. The authors seek to explain the unique moral role of the minister and the ethical responsibilities of the vocation and to provide a clear statement of the ethical obligations contemporary clergy should assume in their personal and professional lives. Trull and Carter deal with such areas as family life, confidentiality, truth-telling, political involvement, working with committees, and relating to other church staff members. First published in 1993, this edition has been thoroughly updated throughout and contains expanded sections on theological foundations, the role of character, confidentiality, and the timely topic of clergy sexual abuse. Appendices describing various deminational ministerial codes of ethics are included.
- Author BiographyJoe E. Trull (Th.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is editor of Christian Ethics Today and formerly served as professor of Christian ethics at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. James E. Carter (Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary), a veteran pastor with over thirty years of experience, is the former director of the Division of Church-Minister Relations in the Louisiana Baptist Convention.
- Author(s)James E. Carter,Joe E. Trull
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.