All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1892 when students of basketball inventor Dr James A Naismith brought the game to Minnesota to the latest seasons of the Timberwolves, Lynx, and Golden Gophers, 'Minnesota Hoops' is the definitive history of the state's most-played sport. Marc Hugunin and Stew Thornley travel through the years to offer little-kwn facts and thrilling stories of the games, the courts, the personalities, and the plays. Sit courtside as centre George Mikan leads the Minneapolis Lakers to win six league championships in seven years. Follow the stories of early barnstorming and YMCA teams, with players as passionate about the win as those with multimillion-dollar contracts are today. Watch in awe as Gopher women's superstar Lindsay Whalen dominates the court with spirit and finesse. Discover friends and family in the season-by-season records of girls' and boys' state high school tournaments. Triumph with the Lynd high school state tournament winners of '46, hayloft hoopsters who practiced in a barn. Rise to the top with Kevin Garnett as he signs with the Timberwolves at eighteen, then is named the NBA's MVP at twenty-seven. In Minnesota Hoops Hugunin and Thornley present all the facts and bust longstanding myths to offer an unparalleled history of the sport that they love for hardcore fans and vices alike.
- Author BiographyStew Thornley is the author of more than thirty books including Land of the Giants: New York's Polo Grounds. He has visited the grave of every member of Baseball's Hall of Fame, a quest that has taken him across the United States as well as to Cuba.
- Author(s)Marc Hugunin,Stew Thornley
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight1035 g
- Width275 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.