All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuluth's majestic Glensheen Mansion, featuring thirty-nine ornate rooms and expansive landscaped grounds. Minneapolis's stunning Purcell-Cutts House, a showplace of finely crafted woodwork of Prairie School design. Stevens County's Trantow Log Cabin, built in the German style with dovetailed log corners. Minnesota has a remarkable array of house museums, each with its own unique history and architectural significance. Minnesota Open House features nearly two hundred of these grand mansions, humble homes, log cabins, frontier forts, and pioneer villages that are open to the public. Organised by region and featuring easy-to-follow maps, this handy guide to historically significant and often breathtaking sites is the perfect road-trip companion. Engaging site histories tell of immigrant struggles and baronial opulence, of political ambition and architectural invation. Entries detail each site's cultural and political import, and photographs illustrate key features, from leaded-glass windows to widow's walks. Easy-to-follow practical information makes arranging a visit easy. Whether planning family time on a Sunday afteron or plotting your next vacation, Minnesota Open House is your key to the grandiose and the humble, to meticulously crafted and hauntingly rustic dwellings across the state.
- Author BiographyKrista Finstad Hanson is a freelance writer and the author of Wisconsin's Historic Houses and Living History Museums: A Visitor's Guide.
- Author(s)Krista F. Hanson
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photos & maps
- Weight258 g
- Width205 mm
- Height115 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.